POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another try at the asteroid city : Re: Another try at the asteroid city Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:12:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another try at the asteroid city
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Sep 2004 17:04:53
Message: <4148ae75@news.povray.org>
Bryan Valencia wrote:
> I guess my thinking is that the ships would weigh like 15 pounds in this
> environment, so you could probably land right on the dome without damaging
> it

Well, you might be able to rest it on the dome, but you'd have a hard
time crashing it into the dome. It may weigh only 15 pounds, but it
still has the same inertia it does anywhere else. That is, if it weighs
15 pounds but masses 5000 tons, and you're between it (moving 1 MPH) and
a rock wall, chances are you're going to get squished.

And now I'm *really* being pendantic. ;-)